Job Title: Business Information Architect
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: NYC, NY
- This role is part of the Business Data Management group in the Chief Data Office
- The Chief Data Office’s mandate is to establish an all-encompassing data governance, data management and data architecture framework across all business lines and functions. This is a high-profile initiative visible to the top echelon of executives.
- The Business Data Management group’s mission is to establish core enabling principles, practices, and approaches for improving data management across the enterprise.
- This role will lead the design of strategic business information architecture framework. It will focus primarily on improving the availability, accessibility, quality, and reliability of data used for cross silo functions
- Contribute to the development of the information architecture principles and framework for Enterprise Analytics Platform (big data environment).
- Create and maintain formal enterprise information management requirements that include business architecture models, conceptual and logical data models, data flows, enterprise data standards, adoption strategies, and data remediation recommendations
- Contribute to the development of high level business architecture that accelerates solution designs, improves quality of applications, drives data quality and interoperability, and ensures maximum utilizations of shared assets and services
- Create detailed business requirements documents reflecting the data needs of key business and technology initiatives
- Work closely with key business SMEs to develop an in-depth understanding of their critical data needs and business impact of existing data quality and data integrity issues on a detailed level
- Work closely with key technology SMEs to address business architecture requirements
- Soft skills required to work with an executive team: high level communication skills, influence management, and good presentation ability
- 5+ years of experience with Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Architecture and Data Modeling
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise level architectural solutions
- 5+ years of experience developing project documentation including project charters, business requirements, status reports, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in coordinating project activities and tracking milestones, deliverables, and identifying risk and issues
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines while orchestrating multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; using resources effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with cross functional teams and senior business leaders.
- Financial services experience required, institutional and/or financial instruments experience preferred
- Strategic perspective that looks toward an enterprise view of an issue or challenge; poses future scenarios; thinks globally; and can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues